Thursday, June 10, 2021
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Advanced Real Estate Training - Subleasing and Lease Buyout: Analysis and Strategy
Instructor: Joseph Larkin, CCIM, MCR, SIOR, SLCR
In today’s business environment, many companies are reevaluating their workplace strategy. Some are implementing a “work at home” mobility strategy that will reduce the company’s requirement for space. Evaluating a company’s opinions to reduce its footprint may include subleasing of excess space or a lease buyout.
In this two-hour online workshop, you will discover how the company’s lease will impact and drive the subleasing of space and the resulting financial impact. Excel at achieving better outcomes by analyzing various subleasing scenarios.
Practice by taking part in a case study using an Excel Spreadsheet simulating. Different sublease opportunities and a potential lease buyout. You will discover what it takes to create a basic sublease probability analysis model that can be modified and varied based on market assumptions.
This webinar is a must for any intermediate to advanced level of experienced real estate professional.
What you will learn:
• Recognize the impact of non-financial clauses in a sublease.
• Develop an understanding of how to model a sublease transaction.
• The benefits of a subleasing that will reduce the cost to occupy.
• Calculate the financial value range for a sublease.
• Evaluate subleasing scenarios.
• Utilize the sublease analysis for a buyout transaction.
• How to create value with buyout negotiations by subleasing space.
• The three approaches to establishing a lease buyout price.
• Simulate a lease buyout case study using Excel.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Joseph Larkin, CCIM, MCR, SIOR, SLCR is an awarding winning international trainer, author and most importantly a real world commercial real estate practitioner. With over 40-years of commercial and investment real estate experience, Joe brings his real-world experience to the participants in his courses and professional seminars. As a Commercial Real Estate (CRE) specialist, he provides a high-level of service and analysis to both the corporate real estate occupier and the real estate investor. He counsels companies with their business real estate and private equity investors such as family offices and family trusts with their real estate investments.
2 CE Credits - Colorado
$75 for guests, nonmembers
Meeting ID: 868 9054 9051